|Contract type:||13 Month Apprenticeship|
|Start date:||March 2018|
This is a great time to join Interface Polymers Ltd as the company enters its expansion phase. Come and be part of the team that is embarking on this exciting journey.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in accounting and have an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude, Interface Polymers will fully support your training from Association of Accounting Technicians Level 2 Certificate through to becoming a fully qualified accountant.’
Alongside the accounting role you will be given the opportunity to learn about different aspects of the business and gain valuable experience of the administration operations.
Main duties will include:
• To provide assistance in basic bookkeeping using Sage Software
• Processing purchase invoices and preparing sales invoices
• Maintaining the purchase and sales ledgers and journals
• Helping to prepare supplier payments, VAT returns and financial reports
• Maintaining the petty cash
• Assisting in planning appointments for the IPL team and helping with the organization of events and conferences etc.
• Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
• Handle and prioritise outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
• Assist with travel arrangements for the team and prepare expense claims
• Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
• Monitor office supplies and negotiate terms with suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective orders
• Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organised and easily accessible
• Support the development and operation of business administration processes as required
• Support the sales and marketing function as required
• Any other duties determined by your line manager
• Excellent numerical skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong aspirations to develop a career in finance
• An enthusiastic, pro-active work ethic
• Good inter-personal and teamworking skills
• Highly motivated, dynamic, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Minimum of 6 GCSE’s or equivalents, including Maths and English
• A level qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
Joining Interface Polymers will bring you many rewards and benefits: You will become a valued and integral part of a driven, enterprising team. Your creativity, flexibility and individual responsibility will be encouraged, recognised, and rewarded. You will be given lots of opportunities to grow your career as the company develops. You’ll be encouraged to learn new things, test ideas, and help shape the future of the business. We are a company that believes in supporting our staff by providing the best resources, training opportunities, flexible working hours and an excellent company pension scheme Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references. Interface Polymers Ltd values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend Loughborough College one day per week if Functional Skills are required Application Process: Stage One If you meet the entry criteria you will be invited to attend a Preparation Event at Loughborough College Stage Two Following your attendance at our Preparation Event, if you are shortlisted your application will sent to the employer who will select candidates for interview with the company
If you would like to apply for the position please send a covering letter explaining why you are applying and a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org