Coatings Laboratory Technician
- We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Coatings Laboratory Technician to join Interface Polymers’ expanding technician team to support our world-class polymer research scientists.
- Interface Polymers’ mission is to become the global leader in compatibility and surface functionality solutions for the polyolefin industry and we need an adaptable, energetic technician with a desire to learn, to join our scientists in our Coatings / surface modification laboratory.
Your new role
- This is an excellent opening for someone wishing to extend and further develop their technician skills. We will provide the training to enable you to evolve your technician capabilities for assisting with the coating of polymer films, application testing and product analysis.
Conforming to health and safety protocols, you will:
- Apply and test our products in the film coatings laboratory.
- Conduct simple laboratory tests to an agreed standard operating procedure.
- Operate analytical equipment and compile data reports.
- Schedule, record and organise servicing and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain stocks of R&D chemicals and consumables.
- Co-ordinate chemical waste removal.
- Keep a safe and well organised laboratory environment.
- Liaise with external University campus technicians. Work in team with other IPL technicians
This role has some physical demands, including:
- Safe manual handling and lifting of large volumes of materials.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Employee share option award scheme
- You will become part of an exciting innovative, driven, enterprising team.
- Your creativity, flexibility, desire to learn and individual responsibility will be encouraged, recognised, and rewarded.
- Excellent scope for career progression.
- We are a company that believes in supporting our staff by providing training opportunities and flexible working hours
What you need to do now
- If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, and a brief letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interface Polymers Ltd values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
- Any offer of employment will be subject to right to work in the UK checks.
Knowledge and experience
- Working in an industrial coating environment in R&D or production
- An interest in scientific and technical processes within an R&D laboratory or production environment
- Working within a laboratory or production environment conforming to agreed health and safety protocols
- Good manual dexterity and an eye for detail
- Accuracy and a methodical approach
- Good communication skills with a variety of audiences from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Good inter-personal and teamworking skills
- You must possess the following attributes: Highly motivated, dynamic, proactive with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude along with good organisational skills
Knowledge and experience
- A coatings background or has knowledge of polymer films, composite materials, paints or adhesive industries
- BSc in Chemistry or Materials science
- Experience of working in a commercial laboratory environment
- Plastics engineering processes e.g., moulding, pressing
- A background in surface science / surface chemistry
- An understanding of typical engineering plastics testing (tensile/adhesion)
- Experience of working in a start-up environment and developing products from low-middle TRLs through to market launch and beyond